Have you noticed that there are many ways to conduct a survey ? I have found some processes for you in order to analyze them and give you the conclsuion about the best way to make and run surveys. Whatever the goals you want to achieve I advice you to carefully read this post before you start thinking about designing a survey.
Process #1 – Pay attention to the way you write your survey’s questions
I someway like the process I put on the light right below. It is a process I have found in the wikihow.com website. This source tells you can have a 10 steps survey making process. I give you the described steps, they are the following :
- Step 1 – Decide what it is you want to know.
- Step 2 – Develop questions.
- Step 3 – Include as many questions as you need to get the information you are looking for.
- Step 4 – Bear in mind sensitive issues.
- Step 5 – Be clear and use standard English, not colloquialisms.
- Step 6 – Use an appropriate question style for your research discipline.
- Step 7 – Design the survey.
- Step 8 – Analyze the data.
- Step 9 – Implement the results.
- Step 10 – Finished.
It seems usefull but from experience I know that you should also plan the implement of how you will run the survey and how long it will takes you to gather the answers. So this advice miss one very important step. and do not provide with a usefull Survey Plan.
However it has done almost the job we provide you with the following survey process that may help you.
Process #2 – Test your survey before the real-life launch to avoid mistakes
The formstack 5 simple steps on how to create and conduct a survey seems more applicable. I think that the steps are simplier and that they are described clearly. I give you here the one I noticed :
- Step 1 – Determine Your Sample Group
- Step 2 – Create Your Questions in a proper manner so you will have the answers you need to analyze the results.
- Step 3 – Test your survey before launch
- Step 4 – Run the survey once it has been sucessfully tested
- Step 5 – Analyze Your Data
For you to have a quick access to this content and easily see the stpes I designed the following process diagram. Please fell free to comment it at the bottom of this post.
Make and run a survey 5 steps process diagram
Process #3 – Define your goals and focus on the target of your survey
Another survey proposition is the one made by SurveyMethods. To tell the truth, I could have prefered this one – because it has a priorization step that is very interesting – if it hasn’t miss the run step! This survey process includes 6 different steps :
- Step 1 – Clarify your survey’s objectives.
- Step 2 – Select your survey’s target.
- Step 3 – Prioritize your questions.
- Step 4 – Test the survey.
- Step 5 – Communicate your purpose.
- Step 6 – Analyze and ACT upon the results.
As a conclusion – Consider the 4 steps of this process as a synthesis
As you plan to make a survey, I encouraged you to consider running through at least a 4 minimum steps process. Here is the following Make and run a Survey process I propose as a synthesys of the best practices.
As for all the post of this blog, I trully invit you to comment and share.
Searched business processes:
- sam maturity model itil